TasteEssentials® for the world’s favourite flavours
There are flavours and then there are iconic flavours. Travelling the world, you quickly discover that people everywhere have a great affinity for a small number of specific flavour types.
Nuances and profiles may vary from one place to another but, to many people, these flavours will be as familiar as an old friend – and this is the focus of our TasteEssentials® programme.
Here is a taster of some of the world’s best-loved flavours:
- A burst of juicy citrus as it is squeezed into a summer drink.
- Sensuously warm, dark vanilla beans, infusing a custard with sweet flavour and instant indulgence.
- The delight of a dry-aged, medium rare beef steak just off the grill.
- A steaming bowl of succulent chicken and silky noodles boiling in a broth.
- The invigorating aroma of freshly roasted and ground coffee wafting through the kitchen.
- The moment of comfort that comes with a warming mug of tea.
- Wonderfully smooth and creamy dairy textures.
- A sprinkling of freshly grated cheese that livens up a meal with all of its complexity.
Consumers take their experiences with these flavours seriously, and with good reason – no one wants a pithy orange or overripe cheese! That’s why these irresistible icons play a starring role in our research. We are constantly exploring the nuances that make classic flavours so delectable and loved, so that we can help our customers to delight consumers all over the world.