2019 Annual General Meeting
All proposals by the Board of Directors approved
18th consecutive dividend increase: 3.4% increase vs 2018
Re-election of all existing Board members, including the re-election of Calvin Grieder as Chairman
The Annual General Meeting of Givaudan SA took place on 28 March 2019. It was attended by 356 shareholders or proxies, representing 5,136,836 shares (55.63% of a total of 9,233,586 registered shares).
The Annual General Meeting approved the 2018 Integrated Annual Report, the annual financial statements and the consolidated financial statement with 99.01% of votes and discharged the members of the Board of Directors with 98.45% of votes.
With 90.51% of votes, it also approved the Company’s compensation report on a consultative basis.
The Annual General Meeting approved a distribution to the shareholders of CHF 60.00 gross per share. This is the eighteenth consecutive dividend increase following Givaudan’s listing at the Swiss stock exchange in 2000. The amount will be paid out of available earnings as an ordinary dividend, taxable in Switzerland.
All current members of the Board of Directors were re-elected, each for a term of one year until the next Annual General Meeting in 2020, in accordance with the legal requirements and Givaudan’s Articles of Incorporation:
- Victor Balli*
- Prof. Dr-Ing Werner Bauer*
- Lilian Biner
- Michael Carlos
- Ingrid Deltenre*
- Calvin Grieder (also re-elected as Chairman)
- Thomas Rufer
* Also re-elected to the Compensation Committee for a term of one year.
Mr Manuel Isler, attorney-at-law, was re-elected as independent shareholder representative until the next Annual General Meeting in 2020 and Deloitte SA was re-elected as auditors for the financial year 2019 with Ms. Karine Szegedi Pingoud as lead auditor, partner.
Finally, the Annual General Meeting approved the remuneration for the Board of Directors and the Executive Committee. In particular, it approved:
- maximum aggregate amount of compensation of the Board of Directors for the term until the 2020 Annual General Meeting of CHF 2,950,000, by 98.09% of the votes,
- aggregate amount of short term variable compensation of the Executive Committee for the fiscal year 2018 of CHF 2,778,103 by 97.80% of the votes and
- maximum aggregate amount of fixed and long-term variable compensation of the Executive Committee for the fiscal year 2019 of CHF 15,000,000, by 92.06% of the votes.
For further information please contact
Peter Wullschleger, Givaudan Media and Investor Relations
T +41 22 780 9093