Our company-wide eco-efficiency and safety targets were formally set out for the first time in our 2010 Sustainability Report. Against a 2009 baseline our aim is to achieve the following reductions by 2020:
- 25% reduction in CO2 emissions per tonne of production
- 20% reduction in energy consumption per tonne of production
- 15% reduction in the amount of incinerated and landfilled waste generated per tonne of production
- 15% reduction in the amount of municipal and ground water used per tonne of production
- Lost Time Injury (LTI) rate of below 0.1 per 200,000 hours worked, calculated according to the US Department of Labor, Occupational Safety and Health Administration definition
In addition to these operational targets, we have identified priority sustainability topics for the mid-term, against which we have set specific Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) where possible so we can clearly demonstrate our progress.
Our progress against all our targets and commitments is clearly set out in our 2012 Sustainability Report along with commentary on what this means for our business.